Archive for the ‘Consulting’ Category
I recently started recording all of the consultations I offer to my clients and prospects and send them the recording. Since I’m an audio guy, it makes sense and gives my new clients a preview of coming attractions, but it can add value to any kind of consultation or coaching session.
Here’s the process I use for recording consultations:
- I book the time in advance. If it’s a free consultation, I let the client know that I only allot 15 minutes to free consultations and anything beyond that will need to be billed at my current rate for consultations.
- I send the call-in details to my client and let them know I will be recording the call for both of our convenience. I tell them this will enable us to focus on the conversation without having to take copious notes.
- We hold the call at the scheduled time. I used Instant Teleseminar to record my consultations. I then edit and master the call lightly so that my client receives a high quality end product.
- I send my client the audio recording with a YouSendIt link in my email and a personal message with links to all of the resources we discussed on the call.
There are many reasons to use a process like this with your clients. Here are a few:
- Added perceived value. It simply bulks up the value of your consultation since your client gets an audio recording that they can listen to again and again.
- It’s easier for the client and for you. They don’t have to take notes and neither do you.
- You will be able to help your clients even more. We all know the importance of repetition. If you tell your client to review the recording of your call and they do it, they will learn more about what you are teaching or coaching them on and they will be able to learn more about themselves.
- Your clients and prospects will remember you more. If they have an audio file to listen to, it will help you stay in their memory. They might come across it later even if they have fallen out of touch with you for a while and be able to relive the call again - thus sparking interest in working with you again.
- You can repurpose the recordings later. As long as you don’t use personal information without your client’s knowledge, parts of these calls can be used as material for information products, articles, interview questions, podcasts, blog posts, online videos and more.
- You can evaluate your own services. Hearing yourself from an outside perspective can help you learn a lot about your own strengths and weaknesses.
So, are you sold on the value of recording your coaching sessions and consultations but aren’t sure where to start? I suggest one of the two options:
- Use Instant Teleseminar. It’s a great all-in-one teleseminar hosting and recording system with a bunch of other valuable tools. Another great tool I recommend is Audio Acrobat.
- Outsource the whole process to the professionals. Contact us at North Bank Audio Solutions and let us know that you want to start recording your coaching sessions or consultations.
Have anything to add that I left out? Any successes related to recording coaching calls or consultations? Join the conversation and leave your comment below.
Tags: Coaching, Consulting, record call, recording teleseminars, repurposing
Posted in Audio, Coaching, Consulting | 3 Comments »