Posts Tagged ‘seo’
So, you probably know by now that you should be submitting articles to article directories by now, so I won’t bore with you why. I’ll just let you check out Article Marketer to find out more on that topic - they’re the experts. What a lot of people aren’t doing though is effectively linking their work together. What do I mean by this? You should have your body of work (your blog, podcast, articles, videos, and social media etc.) all refer to eachother. Here are a few examples:
- When you create a blog post, include a link to a relevent vidoe that you posted on YouTube.
- When you post something to Twitter, link to a related podcast, blog post or article you submitted to ezinearticles.com.
- Post the videos you put on YouTube to your Facebook account.
- When you upload videos to YouTube, include a link to your free report or teleseminar recording opt-in page for lead generation.
- Link your blog to your social networking sites. Like Twitter, MySpace, Linkedin and Facebook.
The reasons for doing these things are two fold:
- You want human beings to click on these links. This is pretty obvious, but remember, the more ways you can display your information, the better. Some of your prospects and clients might love to read blogs, but others might do better with video or audio.
- You want search engines to know where your stuff is online. The logic goes like this - if you link to your YouTube video on your blog, then you are letting Google and Yahoo know that the video exists, thus pushing that video up in order of importance. The same goes with your articles, blog posts, social media, podcasts, etc.
One more tip - for those of you who are blogging (and I hope that’s all of you) may I make the suggestion, that you go a step further with these suggestions? If you take a look at my blog, you’ll notice that my Twitter updates are syndicated on the lower right hand side. This is done for a similar reason as I explained above. People might click on my updates and go to my Twitter profile and because search engines like fresh, new content, my blog site is constantly changing each time I post to twitter. You’ll also notice that I’ve integrated my podcast in a similar way. This is a slightly more advanced way of linking your blogs and social media, but all the more effective. You can actually do this on your static websites as well with a tool called Feedburner. If you’re not using Feedburner, shame on you. No, but seriously, check it out. It’s free. I’ll probably include some video tutorial of how to do these things in the near future, so make sure to subscribe to my feed so you get them as soon as I post them.
Tags: article marketing, blogging, blogs, facebook, linkedin, myspace, online marketing, repurposing, seo, social media, social networking, twitter, videos
Posted in Marketing, video | Comments Off
Tags: Google Webmaster Tools, Hubspot, Marketing, online marketing, seo, Website Grader, Websites
Posted in seo | No Comments »
What are some of the best ways to promote online video into directories, search engines and RSS submission sites?Written by Caleb Scoville on July 23, 2008 – 9:23 am -
Tags: info marketing, online marketing, podcasting, seo, vidcasting, video, video podcasting, viral video
Posted in Marketing, podcasting, video | No Comments »